- Husband and father of twins
- Lord of the Principality of Sealand
- I love technology – Playstation and Mac fanboy
- Nerd, but not the Star Trek kind of nerd
- Adult Fan of LEGO
- Sold first website in 2001
- Founded Kangaroo Digital September 2008
LEGO and the Lego User Group
- Been adult fan of LEGO for 8 years
- Assisted in founding zaLUG
- Featured on The LEGO Group’s Instagram
- The old days allowed #aroundtheblock
What happens in an internet minute in 2020?
- 4.1million Google search queries
- 5.9billion searches per day
- $1.1m spent online
- $1.5billion spent per day
- A website is accessible to 4.6 billion active internet users, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Without a website, your competitors are cashing in on your piece of this pie.
Benefits to having a modern and updated website
- Cost-effective way to spend your marketing budget
- Wider demographic reach than printed material
- Business credibility and consumer convenience
- Around-the-clock availability
- Increased sales
- Ease and speed to update information
- Targeted marketing
What is a single page website?
A one page website differs from a multipage site in that all content is contained on one page.
When clicking on navigation links, the user scrolls down the page or jumps to a particular section.
In most cases, visitors do not even know that they’re on a single page site.
Who is this suitable for?
- Startups, small and medium size businesses
- Content lean message
- Professional services like attorneys and accountants
- Companies who have a single or simple product offering
- Business who do not rely on Search Engines Marketing
Who is this unsuitable for?
- Companies who rely on search engines marketing as part of a budgeted montly online strategy
- Content heavy message
Single page website bolt-ons
- Blog posts and newsletters
- eCommerce stores
- Forums, surveys and social media integration
- Expand to become Home Page of multipage site
What to look out for
- “I have an idea for a business”
- Your attorney, accountant, tax consultant, bookkeeper or other professional service provider without a website
- Companies with a budget for a website